Date: August 13, 2023
Location: NVC Memorial Hall, 1212 South King Street, Seattle, WA 98144
Start Time: 9:00 am PT
End Time: Open
It is time again for our NVC and Foundation clean up event for our Memorial Hall and Wall. We need volunteers to clean and maintain the area around the Hall and Memorial Wall on Sunday, August 13 at 9 am. Hopefully we will be completed by noon andlunch will be provided.
The interior will not be cleaned at this time as we will modify our kitchen in the near future.
Some items for cleanup are:
1. Replace HVAC filters.
2. Remove graffiti from concrete walls.
3. Trim hedges along the sidewalk in front of the Hall and parking lot.
4. Trim the growth and tree in the entrance planter box.
5. Remove weeds growing in west planter box next the handicap ramp.
6. Weed the planter box on the east side of entrance.
7. Weed the planter box in front of the parking lot.
8. Remove ivy from front entrance fence.
9. Pressure wash the wooden fence on the east side of the parking lot and Memorial Wall entrance.
10. Clean and wash the bricks on the Memorial Wall.
11. Trim the bamboo and trees next to the Memorial Wall.
12. Items if have overlooked.
We do have gardening equipment, but please bring gardening tools if you have them. You will need heavy gloves as there might be some needles in the bushes around the building and everyone needs to be careful when working along the front sidewalk.
If you plan to attend, please send an email to Info@seattlenvc.org, so we can estimate the number of lunches to prepare.